COVID-19 UPDATE - MAUI
For more information visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel and click here to register with the State of Hawaii Safe Travels online system. Only test results from Trusted Testing and Travel Partners will be accepted.
All incoming travelers are required to have their temperatures checked, complete a health questionnaire online, and download Maui's "Aloha Safe Alert" contact tracing application before they can leave the airport.
See full details below on steps and resources to efficiently plan your trip to the isanld of Maui!
- Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) lab.
- Travelers exempt for mandatory 14-day quarantine if testing negative no more than 72 hours in advance of travel.
- If results are not available by time of arrival, quarantine necessary until test results received.
- All travelers of all ages subject to pre-test requirement.
- Individuals responsible for testing costs.
- No commercial testing provided at Hawaii airports.
- The pre-test is one part of a multi-layered screening process which includes arrival temperature checks, completion of the State Travel and Health form, and secondary screening for those with symptoms or temperatures of 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Travelers without the pre-test will be in quarantine.
- Pre-travel testing protocols will be announced prior to the re-open date.
Please watch this short video to learn more about Hawaii's
Safe Travels program and pre-travel testing requirements.
State of Hawaii Department of Health Travel Requirements Flowchart
- 24 hours prior to departure, answer the health questionnaire on your Safe Travels account.
- While in flight and deplaning, travelers must follow the guidance of their air carrier regarding physical distancing, mask wearing and sanitation processes.
- All incoming Hawaii travelers will have their temperature checked upon arrival. Temperature scans will be taken via thermal temperature screening and facial-imaging technology.
- Should travelers have a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher, display COVID-19 symptoms, or provide answers on the online State Traveler Health Form requiring additional testing, they will be required to complete a secondary screening at the airport performed by trained health care staff.
- Beginning October 15, travelers who arrive without proof of a valid negative COVID-19 NAAT will be subject to the state’s strict 14-day mandatory selff quarantine.
- Beginning January 19, Maui County requires all arriving passengers to have uploaded the Aloha Safe Alert COVID-19 exposure app or other Google-Apple exposure notification (GAEN) system to their mobile phones. Failure to do so will result in a mandatory 10-day quarantine.
- For information about AlohaSafe and links to download, go to https://www.alohasafealert.org/
What airlines understand the pre-travel testing requirements and are reliable sources of testing information and testing options?
- Alaska Airlines – alaskaair.com/content/next-level-care/hawaii
- American Airlines – aa.com/covid19testing
- Hawaiian Airlines – hawaiianairlines.com/covidtesting
- Southwest Airlines – southwest.com/coronavirus
- United Airlines – united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/what-to-expect.html
COVID-19 Recovery Level in Maui - What is Open and What Is Closed in Maui?
- The County of Maui is currently in the Recovery level. At this level, no quarantine is required for travelers with an approved negative test 72-hours prior to arrival.
- Residents should continue practicing good hygiene, maintain physical distance and avoid large gatherings at this level.
- Face masks are required in public.
- Residents and visitors are free to leave home with added safety precautions at this level.
- High-risk individuals should continue to remain at home.
- Most business are allowed open.
- Essential or designated retail businesses shall limit total occupancy to 30 percent of the facility's maximum occupant load.
- Bars and restaurants must close no later than 10 p.m. This restriction does not apply to drive-through, non-liquor related take out, delivery or room service.
- Gyms, yoga studios, and similar venues, whether indoor or outdoor, must comply with Rule 5, and specifically must ensure that all occupants wear face covering at all times.
- The Island of Maui has been successful in its attempts to control the COVID-19 outbreak. However, the situation remains dynamic. Luxurious Destinations recommends connecting with Hawaii’s / Maui’s local resources to obtain the most recent information.
- We advise following the recommendations provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the WHO (World Health Organization).
- At Luxurious Destinations we remain diligent in our efforts to provide the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Our professional housekeeping staff are only permitted to use cleaners and disinfectants that meet EPA standards. All Luxurious Destinations cleaning products are included in the Environmental Protection Agency’s list of approved solutions.
- Our professional housekeepers are focused on devoting extra time to sanitizing commonly touched items and spaces, i.e. door handles, appliances, phones, remote controls, as recommended by the CDC guidelines on cleaning and disinfecting.
- All of our professional housekeepers are required to wear protective (PPE) gear to help prevent cross-contamination.
If you have unanswered questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact a Luxurious Destinations Reservation Specialist at 888-LUX-DEST or [email protected]